Friday, July 10, 2009

Generosity

The current message series (Financial wisdom in tough times) concludes Sunday. Looking at generosity this week (Proverbs 11:24-26, 23) I also came across Psalm 112.

Even in darkness, light dawns for the upright,
for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.
Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely,
who conducts his affairs with justice.
He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is secure; he will have no fear;
in the end he will see his desire on his adversaries.
He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor,
his righteousness endures forever;
his horn [dignity] will be lifted high in honor.
- Psalm 112: 4-5, 7-9


Winston Churchill said, "We get to make a living; we give to make a life."

No comments:

My wife Patty and I

My wife Patty and I
My best friend