Sunday, July 5, 2009

Praying God's eternal Word for ..... yourself!

One of my goals for the "Summer Plan for Growth" we're doing at Trinity was: print off (see www.biblegateway.com) and then pray daily for my life Paul's prayers in Ephesians and Colossians. That exercise -- first personalizing -- then praying God's Word -- and then also believing that God wants to do those things in me has done some good work of transformation! Scripture says, after all, that it's sharper than any double-edged sword -- and that it will invade the very thoughts and intentions of our hearts. That's been my experience, asking God every day to do in me and for me what He wants and intends to do in every Christ-follower. I'd encourage you to try the same for a few months and see what God will do as you pray concretely and biblically for yourself.

No comments:

My wife Patty and I

My wife Patty and I
My best friend